Make yourself at home!
Since childhood, the owners of the Gasthaus Peter used to spend some time in Campos do Jordão and hear about the adventures of their great-great-grandfather, Matheus da Costa Pinto. It all began on 29 April 1874, when Mr. Pinto bought three farms on the banks of the Imbiri River – the land that gave rise to the city of Campos do Jordão.
With determination and courage, he climbed the mountain and there he built a chapel in honour of São Matheus (Saint Matthew), the first local church. He also built a school, a hospital specialised in respiratory diseases, a lodge for foreigners – the tourists of that time – and a small store. Thus the village of São Matheus do Imbiri was stablished, a city that later was named: Campos do Jordão as a homage to the lands that had belonged to Brigadier Jordão, a close friend of the King of Portugal Dom Pedro I.
Having previously lived in Germany, the owners Suzana e Sven Peter decided to move to Brazil in 2015, turning the family house into a Historic Boutique Inn. The aim is to offer a cosy place, combining charm and tradition, so that the atmosphere leads to a feeling that Campos do Jordão understands the family’s land.
The European-style mansion in the noble area of Vila Inglesa preserves the residential environment, with just a few rooms and spacious common areas with fireplace and astonishing views.
The European-style mansion in the noble area of Vila Inglesa preserves the residential environment, with just a few rooms and spacious common areas with fireplace and astonishing views. The details designed to please guests include Continental breakfast, afternoon tea and German-inspired finger food. Our comfortable atmosphere is enhanced by controlled heating in all accommodations.
Despite the proximity to the City Centre – 20-minute walk – we are located in a quiet area, favouring those who wish to rest away from the hustle and bustle. Our glass walls reveal a panoramic view to the nature that surrounds the property among fragrant pines, inviting you to contemplate the landscape. The silence, in many instances, is broken by bird’s warble, making guests feel like in the countryside, with all amenities of the modern world.
Our wish is that you feel at home and enjoy your stay with joy, fire burning and good company.
May your days be filled with the fragrance of fresh air.
May the countryside life reveal new internal landscapes.
May your stay with us be invigorating and filled with good memories.
Where to find us:
Address: Rua Francisca Correia Pinto, 100 . Campos do Jordão
CEP (Post Code) 12460-000
São Paulo . Brazil
(from São Paulo)
- Rodovia Ayrton Senna Da Silva
- Rodovia Governador Carvalho Pinto
- Rodovia Floriano Rodrigues
(In Campos do Jordão)
- Siga até a Av. Dr.Januário Miraglia e continue sempre em frente.
- Você passará por diversos estabelecimentos.
- Atenção às placas com os dizeres: Vila Inglesa (ou V. Inglesa).
- Vire à direita na Rua Joaquim Pinto Seabra.
- Você dirigirá por uma subida íngreme passando pelo Hotel Nacional Inn, pelo Hotel Garnier e Hotel Savoy e quando chegar à uma bifurcação deve virar à direita (Rua Cantídio Pereira de Castro).
- Logo verá a Estação de Tratamento de água de Campos do Jordão, a Sabesp.
- Passsando a Sabesp, vire na TERCEIRA rua à direita. (ATENÇÃO: uma antes da curva.)
- VOCÊ CHEGOU na Rua FRANCISCA CORREIA PINTO. A GASTHAUS PETER fica a uns 100 m a direita, número 100. Haverá um portão com a águia alemã .